We all know the Dog-Gone-Truth that Dogs make the BEST Valentine. They aren’t fussy about red roses or an expensive gift and all they ever need is your tender loving care. And you always get so much unconditional love in return that’s not just on Valentine’s Day but all-year-round. So here are some of our favorite DIY treats that can be made at home to delight your dog this Valentine’s Day.
- Homemade Peanut Butter and Banana Bites!
This tasty DIY recipe is simple and hassle-free and is oh-so-easy to make!
- All natural low-fat yoghurt – unflavoured, without sugar and additives – 2 cups.
- 1 banana.
- All natural unsalted peanut butter – 1/3rd
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or organic honey.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and smoothen it for 2-3 mins.
- Take a baking mould of your choice, preferably heart shaped (b’coz its the season for love) and pour the mixture into the baking mould.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze it for an hour.
- Remove from the mould and offer it to your dog.
2. DIY Doggie Mint Treats
A wholesome and healthy dog treat that is super yummy and is made of Parsley and Mint for a fresher doggie breath.
- 5 cups of all natural oats.
- Half cup fresh and finely chopped parsley.
- Half cup fresh and finely chopped mint.
- 1 egg.
- 1/4th cup of water.
- 3 tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil.
Preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit. Blend oats to a flour like consistency. In a separate large bowl, whisk together diced parsley and mint, egg, water, and oil. Add oat flour and stir to blend it together and then knead the dough a few times and sprinkle some flour onto the surface.
Flatten dough to about 1/8” thickness using a rolling pin or your hands. Use a cookie cutter or a knife and cut out around 40 1-inch mints and place them onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until they are golden or crispy. Allow the mints to cool off before serving. Store them in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
3. Banana & Oatmeal Dog Treats
A simple recipe for a tasty and healthy dog treat. The goodness of banana and oatmeal is good for your doggie’s tummy.
- 1 ripe banana.
- 2 tablespoon of pure coconut oil.
- 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let is sit for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and start forming them into a ball. Place them over a slightly greased cookie sheet and flatten them slightly. Bake them at 350 degrees until they are brown for about 15 minutes and then remove it from the oven to let it cool. Once it is completely cooled off, you can serve it to your furry Valentine. These healthy dog munchies are a perfect treat option for your dog.
And for those who have no interest in cooking or baking, we have some of the tastiest and healthiest dog biscuits available. Pick them up from any of our offline stores or shop online here.